Monday, January 30, 2012

I'm Back!!!

With some random pictures. I am amazed at how long it has taken me to get back into the swing of things. Although I have been hooking some, it feels like I have been out of the loop, as we like to say. The above heart was a quick little mat that I drew and hooked, it is now listed on ebay. The rug below was so much fun to hook, I loved using all the colors!! I had to do some reverse hooking on it a couple of times to get the colors right, but I think it worked. It is another Karla Gerard pattern, I do adore her patterns. However as much fun as I had hooking this rug, I gave it to my darling niece for her 20th birthday.
She
absolutely loved it!!
This last picture is of some beehives that I found at an antique store, although they are not antiques, I could not pass them up! They will be great fun to decorate with for summer. It has sure felt like Spring, almost summer here in the east. We are expecting 70 for a high on February 1! i will take it!
I hope to be back on a regular basis posting away on the blog. No more disappearing acts!
Enjoy!

9 comments:

  1. I love the Heart Rug Cammie! Looks great!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cammie ~
    I, too, love the heart rug. Great colors.
    So good to hear from you.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super rug with all the colors!! It's good to hear from you and see the latest projects...keep 'em coming!
    Hugs,
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  4. that flower rug is gorgeous - your niece is very lucky! - and the little xoxoxo mat - sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cammie,
    Love the rugs! I can see why your niece was thrilled with the flower rug. What a wonderful gift! Love your bee skeps too. Perhaps they will Weather and age and look old soon enough. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi cammie, i was wondering what size you hooked the flower rug in? did you enlarge the pattern further? i looked at the artist's beautiful patterns and thought some might better be enlarged more?! thanks - Dag

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dag, I enlarged the pattern 200% and hooked it in a #9 cut of wool. Karla gives you permission to enlarge it to whatever size you want. So go for it!!-Cammie

      Delete
    2. thanks a lot, cammie!! i'm still glad you pointed me in her direction!!

      Delete
  7. You're so generous with your rug gift! Unfortunately, no one in my family would appreciate one, so I don't share with them!

    Your bee skeps are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete