Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Day 16 Of Pumpkins

Can you believe the month of October is half over!! I sure have had fun with the Days Of Pumpkins! So today for fun, I thought I would share some of my favorite photos of pumpkins from the web along with some pumpkin facts!






 Isn't this a great decorating idea!
Simple and Sweet!







 I am loving this tablescape!
  Did you know the top pumpkin production states are Illinois, Ohio, Pennsylvania and California.

Pumpkins are grown primarily for processing with a small percentage grown for ornamental sales through you-pick farms, farmers' market and retail sales.



 Pumpkins are 90 percent water.

Pumpkins are fruit.

  In early colonial times, pumpkins were used as an ingredient for the crust of pies, not the filling.

The name pumpkin originated from "pepon" – the Greek word for "large melon."



Have a great fall day!
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. It is my belief that one cannot have to many pumpkins! There are just so many wonderful varities to choose from. Cinderella is my favorite, along with all the wart varities. Unfortunately for me, not a one grew in my garden this year, too much rain in the late spring. Next year for sure! Greetings, Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Cammie...wonderful pumpkin post...love all the pictures....enjoyed your 16 days of pumpkins very much....Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete