Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Going to finish!

I don't remember when this rug was actually started. My friends and I went to Barb Carroll's for a workshop and it was started there. When I got home from the workshop it got put on the back burner.
So I decided to pull it out and get it finished.


This is a close up of what I have finished. I do love what I have done so far, just need to keep going. This rug is called Old Posies Runner and the original size was 28" X 98", but I had them make it smaller. So mine measures 28" X 66".  Yep, just need to keep pulling loops! 

Here is the other half of the pattern. If you look at the edge of the rug, I had wrote the date 2011, I pulled it out back then to finish, then that was the year we decided to move to North Carolina, so it got put back in it's bag, not to be seen again until yesterday,
 when I got it out and changed the date to 2013.

You can also see where I wrote my initials into the rug, do you put your initials in the rugs you hook?

Will post updates as I get more hooked! Today is going to be a hooking day!
ENJOY!!

4 comments:

  1. Cammie,
    Such a beautiful rug! Keep going girl... I think it's hard going back to a rug I've started and not finished too. This one will be gorgeous!
    Enjoy!!
    Hugs!
    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be a very nice rug when it is finished!
    Keep pulling those loops!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is off to a gorgeous start! Even with you reducing the size by a third, it's still huge. Please keep us posted on your progress. And no, I don't hook my initials or date in to my rugs.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you've hooked so far Cammie. Can't wait to see it finished. It will be stunning! Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete