Sunday, November 9, 2014

Outer Banks of North Carolina Workshop

This post is over due! I spent a week on the Outer Banks of North Carolina taking a workshop with Anita White. You can go to her blog and read more about it. She took more pictures than I did. OBX Workshop

The above rug is the one that I hooked while I was there. It is called 1875 Floral Basket from Woolley Fox. Anita and I have been talking for years about doing a rug with all striped off-the-bolt wool. So, over the years we have been collecting them and I decided now was the time to hook them into a rug. Anita brought with her some wool that she was calling "spots" and they were off the bolt, I loved them and wanted to include them as well. So it is hooked with stripes and spots! It has been fun!!

Below are the rugs that everyone brought for our mini rug show that we had one day while we were there.























ENJOY!!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Cammie - Anita shared pictures of the class projects, so I'm really happy to see these from the rug show - they're all spectacular! It must have been different for your two to be students instead of teachers this time, huh? Thanks for sharing.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cammie,
    I just love your rug. The colors are so soft and old looking. Can you share pictures of the uncut wool? I have a hard time visualizing how wool will hook up.
    Thanks for the rug show.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lauren, thanks for mentioning the wool, I was going to do that but I forgot!! I will take some pictures of them and post them. I don't have any of the dots, but I think I have everything else!
      ~Cammie

      Delete
  3. thanks Lauren I was wondering the same thing! Beautiful Rugs!

    ReplyDelete