Sunday, August 7, 2016

Penny Rugs


 I have been making some penny rugs for a little change of pace. 
I have really been enjoying the creating and stitching part of them. 
The one below is made from an old wool blanket.
 

I love making penny rugs in Americana colors. The one below is a navy blue hand dyed background with primitive red and mustard pennies.
 

This penny rug has a touch of whimsy with the scallop edge and the striped cotton flannel on the back. The pennies are all colors, no two are alike. 
 
The colors on all the penny rugs are much more muted than what shows in the pictures. I was having a hard time getting the true colors.
They are all available to purchase in my Etsy shop.
Thanks for stopping by!
ENJOY!

6 comments:

  1. These are soooo nice!! Love penny rugs ,,,, have lots of wool,,, but not sure about sewing,,,,, take care,,,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been making a large penny rug for my dining table...I love the ease of stitching them, but it's taking forever!! Your penny rugs are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Bobbi, they take a long time to make, but they are worth it!!

      Delete
  3. Oh my - these are so fun to see! I love all the different plaids that you used Cammie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything you make is just perfection.
    I am driving to Chicago this weekend and will take pennies along to stitch on. They are a great, portable craft.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really appreciate the look of penny rugs and have done a couple myself. Penny rugs it is not something I enjoy doing but sure is more portable than rug hooking. Like what you've done!

    ReplyDelete