Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Rugs on Display

My friend Marion and I, have been asked to put our rugs on display at a local museum/art center called the Greene County Museum.  We are excited to share our love of rug hooking with the local community.  Since moving to North Carolina five years ago, we have not found anyone to get together with in our little corner of the state to hook with.  We hope that we will meet someone or find someone that is interested in learning.  We have 90 rugs in the display and  I bet you can tell which ones I hooked and which ones I did not!













These were taken the day we were setting up the display and a few of the pictures didn't turn out and the lighting was not the best that day. It is a little venue, but we are happy and honored to share our love of rug hooking!
ENJOY!

10 comments:

  1. I would say that is a great display of rugs!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you two ladies put on a good show. Uh, lemme guess and say yours were definitely in the last two photos, right? Only kidding, of course we can pick out your primitive style. I appreciate the works and personal likes of other style hooking but you know where my heart is.....primitive. Hope you get a team of hookers going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all beautiful. Wish I could see them in person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to go and see all of these in one place. These rugs are just beautiful. I do hope you get to connect with other interested people.
    I have yet to find a single person where I live that even knows what hooked rugs are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cammie,
    What a great display!!!
    Isn't it funny that Farm Girl knows of no other hookers in her area of California, you have not found any others in N.C., and in Ohio, Michigan and PA there are hundreds!
    Hook on!
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! I'm SO impressed that all those rugs are from just the two of you! You're both very prolific! I have no doubt that you might find a few people interested in learning how to hook after seeing your beautiful work - I love your display!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! That is wonderful that you and your friend were asked to display your rugs at the museum! What an honor -- and they are all soooo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many beauties!!! In the first picture, is that a red poppy or an iris? Would love to see a close up of that one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beautiful work! I wish I could find a place to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I live in Grimesland NC and am trying to learn to hook rugs on my own. I bought a kit on etsy and so far it is "a work in progress"! I cross stitch mostly samplers and belong to Greenville's Quilt Guild and just starting this year to build up a stash of civil war reproduction fabrics. It is nice to know of someone close to Greenville. I believe there is one person in our guild that works with wool. I want to learn wool applique too! I will check back with your shop when you are not away!

    ReplyDelete